Introduction to Lower Level Laser Therapy:
Physiotherapy provides benefit to people of all ages who suffer from illnesses, medical conditions or injuries that may limit their ability to move and function properly. A customized physiotherapy program helps an individual to return to his or her prior level of functioning.
These are 10 ways in which physiotherapy may benefit you:
2. Reduce or eliminate pain: Manual therapy techniques or therapeutic exercises such as soft tissue and joint mobilization; treatments such as taping, ultrasound or electrical stimulation helps in relieving pain and to restore the joint and muscle function, which in turn reduces pain. These therapies prevent pain from returning back.
3. Recovery from stroke: It is common to lose some extent of movement after a stroke; it takes some time for the person to recover completely. Physiotherapy helps to strengthen the weakened parts of the body. It improves balance and gait. Physiotherapists improve the ability of the patient suffered from stroke to move around so that they can be more independent, and reduce their burden of care for bathing, toileting, dressing and other activities of daily living.
4. Recovery from sports injury or prevention of sports injury: Physiotherapists clearly understand how different sports can increase one’s risk of specific types of injuries; for instance, stress fractures for distance runners. Physiotherapists design appropriate recovery plan or prevention exercise programs for the patient to ensure a safe return to one’s normal living.
5. Improves mobility: If someone has a trouble standing, moving or walking, no matter what your age is, physiotherapy can always help. Strengthening exercises as well as stretching exercises help in restoring his or her ability to move. Physiotherapists can properly fit individuals with crutches or cane or any other assistive device. A unique care plan is customized, any activity important to the individual’s life can be practiced and adapted in order to ensure safety and maximal performance in the recovery process.
7. Management of Lung & Heart diseases: Whilst the patients complete cardiac rehabilitation after a heart attack or procedure, one may receive physical therapy if his or her daily functioning is being affected. For pulmonary problems, physiotherapy helps in improving the quality of life through conditioning, strengthening and breathing exercises; It helps the patients in clearing the fluid in the lungs.
8. Improving balance & prevention of falls: When the physical therapy starts, one may get screened for fall risk. If someone is at high risk for falls, the therapists will mention exercises that carefully challenge the balance and is a way to mimic real-life situations in a safe manner. Therapists help with exercises in order to improve co-ordination and assistive devices to help with walking. If the balance problem occurs due to one’s vestibular system, physiotherapists can perform specific manoeuvres that help in quick restoration of proper vestibular functioning; it reduces & the eliminate symptoms of vertigo and dizziness.
10. Management of Women’s Health: Women have specific health concerns, such as with pregnancy and post-partum care. Physiotherapists offer specialized management of issues that are related to women’s health. Furthermore, Physical Therapy may provide specialized treatment for: breast cancer, bowel incontinence, fibromyalgia, constipation, lymphedema, pelvic pain, male pelvic health, and urinary incontinence.