What is Chronic Pain?
- Excessive perspiration over the painful area
- Brittle nails
- Coldness of skin in patchy areas
- Localized hair loss
- Excessive fluid in subcutaneous tissue (trophedema)
Introduction to IMS treatments:
Expectations during IMS treatment:
Expectations Post IMS treatment:
- An achy, fatigued sensation in those muscles that were needled.
- An instant increase in Range of Motion and strength in the affected area.
- An instant reduction in Neuropathic signs (reduced tenderness, reduced cool skin sensation, reduced goose bumps).
- Application of heat can be helpful immediately following the treatment and intermittently (as necessary) in the 24-36 hours post-treatment. This helps lessen muscle achiness and fatigue.
Common injuries treated using IMS treatment:
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- Achilles Tendinopathy
- Frozen Shoulder
- Lower Back Pain
- Tennis Elbow
- Plantar Fasciopathy